Feb 19, 2019
Wanted! Intern for May – August 2019 term
Looking to round out you experience? We have an internship opportunity for the summer!
A great opportunity to work with top tier brands at a dynamic, downtown Event Marketing & Design Agency based in the Distillery District. At YellowHouse you will learn, laugh and you work in one of the most beautiful offices in the city. You will also learn about the event marketing business from strategy to execution.
Read more about the role and how you can apply for it!
SCOPE OF WORK/WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
● General admin tasks in the office including but not limited to ordering event and office supplies, shipments, updating calendars and databases, organization of storage and supplies, prep and organization for client meetings, and overall office management and maintenance.
● Assist with the pre-planning of various events for YHE clients, learning all aspects of event management, ideation and process.
● May assist with research and deck creation for new business development (e.g. prepping proposals, etc).
● Attend client meetings where possible, conference calls, meeting notes and following our planning Blueprint.
● Event management tasks and learnings will include, but are not limited to: administrative tasks, venue sourcing, supplier sourcing, booking & liaison, research, create & update budgets, critical paths & production schedules, coordinate shipping, manage
● On-site event execution and travel as required.
● Provide service based on tasks assigned.
● Tasks to be completed within a 9am-5:30pm window, on-site (36 Distillery Lane, Suite 220), Mon-Fri, as required, with the option to provide on-site event support to maximize optimal learning.
● Ideally specific education and experience in Events and/or Marketing / PR and actively working towards a post-secondary education with a concentration in these areas.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Creative and innovative thinking
● Well-versed in main social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
● Creative Skills (use of Photoshop is an asset but not required)
● Proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs or an equivalent.
● Attention to detail and strong execution skill
● Highly motivated
● Strong organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines
● Good analytical thinking
● On-site event experience is an asset
● Must provide their own laptop
WHAT THE CANDIDATE WILL LEARN:
● Candidates will gain insight and build experience in marketing and creative services. They will also learn and assist with the creation of RFP pitch decks, concept development, strategizing, event production, and post-event analysis.
● The candidate will learn about the various role and tasks required to execute an event (whether it be a gala, conference or brand ambassador activation).
● Manage relationships; coordinate and communicate with clients and vendors.
● This is a full-time position for the given 4-month term.
● This is an unpaid internship however interns receive a monthly honorarium.
● Interns are expected to provide their own laptop.
Lets see if there’s a fit! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter saying you think you’d be perfect for this summer internship with your resume attached.