Sep 24, 2014
Keep Calm and CARRY ON.
A hot travel topic is always to carry-on or not. But with more airlines adding “checked bag fees” and our events having a zero-tolerance policy for missing equipment, we prefer to carry our luggage on and travel both light and smart. We also try to bring event essentials on-board with us (like the event name tags), so that we aren’t stuck with a lost package or bag just before an event.
Here are some of our tips to help you Keep Calm and Carry On your bags (for Women):
- Roll vs. fold your clothes – you’ll fit more in and they won’t wrinkle!
- Pack a neutral colour palette – that way you can mix and match using fewer items (but add a splash of colour with a scarf or bright accessory to differentiate your look each day). Scarves and accessories take up next to no room, but can completely change your look.
- Wear your bulkiest items on the plane to save space in your bag (but avoid overly bulky items at all, even in winter, and remember planes can be both hot and cold in minutes, so layer).
- Forgo packing toiletries like shampoo, conditioner & body lotion. Unless you are staying at Motel Cheapo, most hotels provide these and most are good quality product.
- Pack belts, socks and other small items inside your shoes, using every “air” spot: you have.
- Bring a stick of Tide-To-Go (or any similar product) with you. This has saved our lives!
- Bring at least one pair of comfortable shoes and one pair of killer heels, to cover all occasions that might pop up.
- A stick of red lipstick and a bun “donut” (or a similar “up-do helper”) can turn you from casual to dressy in seconds, taking up no space (along with that great little wrinkle-free dress of course).
- Pack dryer sheets between your clothes to keep them smelling fresh and static free.
- No need for PJs – that’s what hotel robes are for!